7 Best Airtable Alternatives In 2023 - List Of Next-Level Spreadsheets
Airtable is a widely used database and spreadsheet software. Many companies trust Airtable for its easy-to-use interface and rich features. But, like any other product, Airtable is also not perfect. As a result, many businesses find it difficult to run software projects successfully.
Apps like Airtable basically aim to present smart data management in a more user-friendly interface than traditional online spreadsheets. Like any other software, Airtable also has many pros and cons. However, it is easy to use, and you don't need much technical knowledge to use Airtable. Moreover, you can format the tool or arrange your data and tasks the way you want.
Even though Airtable acts like a spreadsheet, it has many templates and layouts. It also has options to create one of your own from scratch! Furthermore, Airtable offers different views to analyze your data. For example, grid, form, calendar, and Kanban views offered by Airtable are beneficial for monitoring your tasks!
Why do people look for Airtable alternatives in 2023?
Despite all these benefits, there are lots of disadvantages or shortcomings. If we analyze Airtable carefully, it is not a project management tool.
It isn't easy to manage complex projects using Airtable! It is because of many reasons, like complex formula capability, very limited free features, complex interface to beginners, and so on!
If you want to get the best out of Airtable, you'll probably end up with empty pockets since Airtable charges for every additional feature. Moreover, Airtable bills per user instead of per organization, making it even more expensive than other similar project management tools!
For a collaboration tool, a reporting feature is inevitable! But, unfortunately, there's no proper reporting feature in Airtable apart from chargeable basic graphs and reports via Airtable Blocks. So practically, you have no option to check whether your project is progressing as you planned!
Now it's obvious why people opt for Airtable alternatives! Even though Airtable acts as a spreadsheet software, it fails to deliver as a project management tool. So If you're looking for an ideal task management app, you have come to the right place!
If you are looking for alternatives to Airtable, we are offering you the best Airtable alternatives in the market with all their pros, cons, and features.
The following is the list of 7 best Airtable alternatives, along with each tool's pros, cons and pricing!
List of 7 best Airtable alternatives in 2023
Various software platforms have emerged as strong alternatives to Airtable, providing robust database management, collaboration tools, and customizable workflows. By exploring the alternatives to Airtable, you can find the ideal solution that aligns with your unique requirements, ultimately enhancing productivity and data management efficiency. When considering alternatives to Airtable, it is essential to evaluate factors such as pricing, scalability, integration capabilities, and user-friendly interfaces.
Here's a list of the best Airtable alternatives in 2023 to look for in terms of pricing, features, usability, deployment, and functions.
There's no better Airtable alternative than Retable because it is one of few tools which offers all task management features at an affordable price! If you want to instantly use customizable project management templates, you don't have to look beyond Retable. Eventually, importing your data from different channels and sharing it with your teammates is just a cakewalk! Apps like Airtable offers templates for users to start using the application easily. At this point, Retable offers you a very large template archive.
Retable's user-friendly interface and visual approach make it an attractive alternative to Airtable for teams that prioritize simplicity and intuitive data management. That's not all; designing and coordinating your business project with your teammates is also easier with Retable. Another reason for Retable is that you will get real-time reports with chart views for easy analysis!
If you're looking for an Airtable free alternative, Retable is a highly recommended option that offers a free plan with robust database features. Retable, a cloud-based collaboration platform, provides a free plan with collaborative documents, spreadsheets, and basic database functionalities, making it a viable free alternative to Airtable.
Retabşe offers a more comprehensive solution compared to Airtable, as it combines the functionalities of documents, spreadsheets, and databases in a single platform, providing a seamless and unified experience. Finally, if you look at the following features of Retable, you won't think twice before getting the tool! 👇🏻
Best Features of Retable
- Kanban View
- Calendar View
- Grid View
- Chart View
- Card View
- Form View
- Map View
- Organization Plans
- Real-Time Collaboration
- Comments & Chat
- Project & Row History
- Spreadsheet Snapshot
- Multiple Sharing Options
- Role & Access Management
- Online Form Generator
- HTML Code Support
- API Integrations
- ChatGPT integration
Pros of Retable
- Retable is fast and easy to navigate.
- Retable allows ready-to-use customizable project management & task-tracking spreadsheet templates.
- It sends you real-time reports for important actions.
- It provides various chart views to get reports from your data.
- It has a desktop app that you can use with all kind.
- It has a desktop app compatible with all OS.
- One month free trial available for Business PRO and Personal Pro plans.
- You can create backups by taking snapshots of your tables.
Cons of Retable
- Learning the full functionality of the software may take a while, but it will be quicker when you start using the tool regularly.
Pricing of Retable
- 1 month free trial for PRO plan
- Free - No cost (1 month)
- Pro - $12 per month/user
- Team - $3O monthly/ 3 users included, +$12 for per additional user
- Enterprise - Contact Sales
- 2 months free for annual payments for all plans
Customer Ratings of Retable
Capterra - 4.5/5
Proofhub is another excellent Airtable free alternative that provides a free trial with customizable interface, collaboration, and data viewing capabilities Proofhub is an ideal Airtable alternative that offers rich features for teams to plan, collaborate and work from anywhere! As a result, it is one of the best Airtable alternatives, which acts as a centralized platform to manage your projects.
Best Features of ProofHub
- Table View, Board View and Gantt Charts
- Time Tracker
- Project Reporting
Pros of ProofHub
- You can schedule your tasks easily with a project calendar.
- The tool is easy to customize and navigate.
- Easy to communicate with teammates using group chat and real-time discussions.
Cons of ProofHub
- No single sign-in on Google
- Notifications need improvements
Pricing of ProofHub
- Free Trial Available
- Ultimate Control - $89/month billed annually
- Essential - $45/month billed annually ($50 billed monthly)
Customer Ratings of ProofHub
- G2 - 4.5/5
- Capterra - 4.5/5
It's challenging to find a list of Airtable alternatives without Google Sheets! Google Sheets is a widely used online spreadsheet program that anyone with a Google account can access. Google Sheets, while not specifically designed as a database tool, can be used as a free Airtable alternative, offering basic database functionalities, real-time collaboration, and extensive formula capabilities. This online spreadsheet tool is easy to share with teammates and offers useful features like live editing and auto-saving! If you require advanced spreadsheet functionalities, Google Sheets can be a suitable alternative to Airtable, offering real-time collaboration and extensive formula capabilities. Google Sheets, while not specifically designed as a database tool, offers spreadsheet functionalities that can be used in a manner similar to Airtable for data organization and collaboration.
Best Features of Google Sheets
- Real-time online actions with auto-save.
- Google Sheet Explore feature to access additional facilities.
- URL sharing.
Pros of Google Sheets
- Anyone with a Google account can instantly start working on Google Sheets.
- Easy to integrate with other Google Platforms
- Free for personal use
Cons of Google Sheets
- Google Sheets alone is not enough to manage projects.
- Kanban View is not available
- No features to track time or progress
Pricing of Google Sheets
- Free for personal: 15 GB storage per user in Google Drive
- Business Starter ($6/user per month): 30GB per user cloud storage, custom business email, standard support
- Business Standard ($12/user per month): 2TB per user cloud storage, ad-free email, digital whiteboard
- Business Plus ($18/user per month): 5TB per user cloud storage, auto accept invitations, site website builder.
- Enterprise: Contact Google Sheets for details.
Customer Ratings of Google Sheets
Capterra - 4.7/5
Smartsheet is another collaboration tool which can be considered one of the best Airtable alternatives! This task management app has features that allow you to easily communicate with your team members, manage projects and share files. In addition, Smartsheet has a similar interface to Microsoft Excel, making it an ideal tool for beginners! Smartsheet is a robust project management and collaboration tool that can serve as an alternative to Airtable, providing features like Gantt charts, resource management, and automated workflows. Also, Smartsheet offers a limited free plan that can be utilized as an Airtable free alternative for project management and basic database needs.
Best Features of SmartSheet
- Calendar view and Gantt view
- Alerts and automated actions
- Resource management
Pros of SmartSheet
- A mobile app is available.
- Advanced security features like two-factor authentication are available.
- Easy to use, like MS Excel.
Cons of SmartSheet
- The project report system is not easy to comprehend.
- Real-time communication or chat facility is not available.
- Time tracking feature is not available.
Pricing of SmartSheet
- Free version is available
- Pro: $7 Per user/month, billed yearly Max of 10 users, unlimited viewers.
- Business: $25 Per user/month, billed yearly Min 3 users, unlimited editors.
- Enterprise: Contact Smartsheet for details.
Customer Ratings of SmartSheet
- G2 - 4.4/5
- Capterra - 4.5/5
ClickUp, while primarily known as a project management tool, provides a free plan that includes task management, document collaboration, and basic database functionalities, making it a suitable Airtable free alternative. Whether you own a small or large business, ClickUp will be a handy tool for managing your projects. ClickUp is less costly and easier to use compared to other Airtable alternatives. Apps like Airtable are generally designed for collaboration and you should pay attention to whether the collaboration features of the applications that you consider as Airtable alternatives are suitable for your needs. Moreover, this task management app offers plenty of features to manage your tasks and collaborate with your teammates. For those focused on seamless integration with other applications, ClickUp serves as a powerful alternative to Airtable, providing robust integration options and workflow automation. Airtable's interface can also be found in ClickUp, an alternative that offers task management, document collaboration, and customizable databases all in one platform.
Best Features of ClickUp
- Product planning and road-mapping
- Testing/QA management
- Workflow automation
Pros of ClickUp
- A free version is available with many features.
- Custom permission can be granted.
- Android and iOS apps are available.
Cons of ClickUp
- No table view in mobile apps
- Can’t export dashboards
Pricing of ClickUp
- Free version is available
- Unlimited Plan: $5/month per user
- Business Plan: $12/month per user
- Business Plus: $19/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact ClickUp for details.
Customer Ratings of ClickUp
- G2 - 4.7/5
- Capterra - 4.7/5
Basecamp, known for its project management capabilities, can also be considered as an alternative to Airtable, offering features like task tracking, file sharing, and team collaboration. Unlike any other Airtable alternatives in the list, Basecamp is focused on minimal design. This best task management software offers many useful features, and it's ideal for remote teams to work on a common project. As you would expect, creating projects, assigning tasks and tracking progress can be done quickly with this task management tool!
Best Features of Basecamp
- Social collaboration platform
- Resources allocation and forecasting
- Document management
Pros of Basecamp
- A calendar tool is available to schedule events and meetings easily.
- You can quickly find your project using the search bar.
- A dedicated inbox is available for notifications.
Cons of Basecamp
- Impossible to prioritize tasks.
- The time tracking feature is not available.
- No project tracking feature is available except hill charts.
Pricing of Basecamp
- Single plan: $11/month per user.
Customer Ratings of Basecamp
- G2 - 4.1/5
- Capterra - 4.3/5
Like any other Airtable alternative, Wrike is also designed to help you manage projects, collaborate with teammates, track progress, etc. Using Wrike, you can also build custom team workflows and set a timeline for easy monitoring. Of course, Gantt charts and unique dashboard views are also available in this project management tool! Basecamp offers a free plan with a wide range of database and spreadsheet features, making it a compelling free Airtable alternative for various use cases.
Best Features of Wrike
- Unique dashboard with a three-pane view
- Interactive Gantt charts
- Real-time report building feature
Pros of Wrike
- You can integrate Wrike with over 400 SaaS apps using the Wrike Integrate add-on.
- An in-built time tracker is available.
- Several pre-made templates are available to create projects.
Cons of Wrike
- New users may find it difficult to use the software.
- Not many chatting and collaboration features.
- Limited features in the free version.
Pricing of Wrike
- Free version is available
- Professional Plan: $9.80/user per month
- Business Plan: $24.80/user per month
- Enterprise: Contact Wrike for details.
Customer Ratings of Wrike
- G2 - 4.2/5
- Capterra - 4.3/5
Which Airtable alternative takes the cake?
As you can see, Airtable is a proper tool which can be used as spreadsheet software. But if someone asks whether it is the best project management software, the answer is a big "No!" Airtable's limited features to manage projects and collaborate with teammates have raised the demand for Airtable alternatives. Many companies are looking for applications better than Airtable because of their business needs that change from day to day.
Luckily, you are provided with a detailed list of the 7 best Airtable alternatives from which you can select the right one based on your business needs and budget!
To sum up;
- Many users find Retable better than Airtable for project management compared to Airtable, particularly for complex projects that require advanced planning, data management, and collaboration functionality.
- Basecamp is often seen as better than Airtable for simpler project management needs, with its streamlined interface, easy-to-use features, and focus on team communication. It offers features similar to Airtable in terms of task management, communication, and file sharing functionalities.
- While Airtable is popular, some users prefer Retable as a better than Airtable option for visualizing and organizing tasks, especially for teams focused on agile project management methodologies.
- ProofHub provides a visual and collaborative platform that are similar to Airtable, enabling teams to manage projects, tasks, and workflows effectively.
- Smartsheet offers project management and collaboration features similar to Airtable, allowing users to track tasks, manage resources, and collaborate with team members.
Overall,If you are looking for a really comprehensive, up-to-date technology-compatible, cost-effective online project management tool, Retable is one of the best project management apps with its easy-to-use interface, advanced column types and data views and collaboration features. Retable makes it very easy for users to manage data and offers extensive collaboration features required for useful project management. It also helps you create thousands of different business applications with a single application thanks to its smart column types and data views.
Dark Mode in Spreadsheets - Everything You Need to Know
Dark mode in Spreadsheets helps you interact with the screen more comfortably. Read the detailed guide to learn about the importance and benefits of dark mode.
E-Commerce Refund Request Form 2023 - Everything You Need to Know
An eCommerce refund request form is used to process product refunds online. Learn its importance and how to write an eCommerce refund request letter in 2023