7 Best Airtable Alternatives In 2023 for Project Management
Looking for an Airtable alternative in 2022 for project management? Here is a detailed list of the 7 best Airtable alternatives, along with their features.
7 Best Airtable Alternatives In 2022 - List Of Next-Level Spreadsheets
Airtable is a widely used database and spreadsheet software. Many companies trust Airtable for its easy-to-use interface and rich features. But, like any other product, Airtable is also not perfect. As a result, many businesses find it difficult to run software projects successfully.
Like any other software, Airtable also has many pros and cons. However, it is easy to use, and you don't need much technical knowledge to use Airtable. Moreover, you can format the tool or arrange your data and tasks the way you want.
Even though Airtable acts like a spreadsheet, it has many templates and layouts. It also has options to create one of your own from scratch! Furthermore, Airtable offers different views to analyze your data. For example, grid, form, calendar, and Kanban views offered by Airtable are beneficial for monitoring your tasks!
Why do people look for Airtable alternatives in 2023?
Despite all these benefits, there are lots of disadvantages or shortcomings. If we analyze Airtable carefully, it is not a project management tool.
It isn't easy to manage complex projects using Airtable! It is because of many reasons, like complex formula capability, very limited free features, complex interface to beginners, and so on!
If you want to get the best out of Airtable, you'll probably end up with empty pockets since Airtable charges for every additional feature. Moreover, Airtable bills per user instead of per organization, making it even more expensive than other similar project management tools!
For a collaboration tool, a reporting feature is inevitable! But, unfortunately, there's no proper reporting feature in Airtable apart from chargeable basic graphs and reports via Airtable Blocks. So practically, you have no option to check whether your project is progressing as you planned!
Now it's obvious why people opt for Airtable alternatives! Even though Airtable acts as a spreadsheet software, it fails to deliver as a project management tool. So If you're looking for an ideal task management app, you have come to the right place! The following is the list of 7 best Airtable alternatives, along with each tool's pros, cons and pricing!
List of 7 best Airtable alternatives in 2022
Here's a list of the best Airtable alternatives in 2023 to look for in terms of pricing, features, usability, deployment, and functions.
There's no better Airtable alternative than Retable because it is one of few tools which offers all task management features at an affordable price! If you want to instantly use customizable project management templates, you don't have to look beyond Retable. Eventually, importing your data from different channels and sharing it with your teammates is just a cakewalk!
That's not all; designing and coordinating your business project with your teammates is also easier with Retable. Another reason for Retable is that you will get real-time reports with chart views for easy analysis!
Finally, if you look at the following features of Retable, you won't think twice before getting the tool!
- Kanban View
- Calendar View
- Grid View
- Chart View
- Organization Plans
- Real-Time Collaboration
- Comments & Chat
- Project & Row History
- Spreadsheet Snapshot
- Multiple Sharing Options
- Role & Access Management
- Online Form Generator
- HTML Code Support
- API Integrations
- Retable is fast and easy to navigate.
- Retable allows ready-to-use customizable project management & task-tracking spreadsheet templates.
- It sends you real-time reports for important actions.
- It provides various chart views to get reports from your data.
- It has a desktop app that you can use with all kind.
- It has a desktop app compatible with all OS.
- One month free trial available for Business PRO and Personal Pro plans.
- You can create backups by taking snapshots of your tables.
- Learning the full functionality of the software may take a while, but it will be quicker when you start using the tool regularly.
- 1 month free trial for Personal PRO & Business PRO
- Free Plan - No cost
- Basic - $5 per month/user billed monthly
- Pro - $10 per month/user billed monthly
- Business PRO - $2OO monthly/ Up to 25 users
- Business Unlimited - $500 monthly/Unlimited users
- 2 months free for annual payments for all plans
Capterra - 4.5/5 (13 Reviews)
Proofhub is an ideal Airtable alternative that offers rich features for teams to plan, collaborate and work from anywhere! As a result, it is one of the best Airtable alternatives, which acts as a centralized platform to manage your projects.
- Table View, Board View and Gantt Charts
- Time Tracker
- Project Reporting
- You can schedule your tasks easily with a project calendar.
- The tool is easy to customize and navigate.
- Easy to communicate with teammates using group chat and real-time discussions.
- No single sign-in on Google
- Notifications need improvements
- Free Trial Available
- Ultimate Control - $89/month billed annually
- Essential - $45/month billed annually ($50 billed monthly)
- G2 - 4.5/5
- Capterra - 4.5/5
It's challenging to find a list of Airtable alternatives without Google Sheets! Google Sheets is a widely used online spreadsheet program that anyone with a Google account can access. This project management tool is easy to share with teammates and offers useful features like live editing and auto-saving!
- Real-time online actions with auto-save.
- Google Sheet Explore feature to access additional facilities.
- URL sharing.
- Anyone with a Google account can instantly start working on Google Sheets.
- Easy to integrate with other Google Platforms
- Free for personal use
- Google Sheets alone is not enough to manage projects.
- Kanban View is not available
- No features to track time or progress
- Free for personal: 15 GB storage per user in Google Drive
- Business Starter ($6/user per month): 30GB per user cloud storage, custom business email, standard support
- Business Standard ($12/user per month): 2TB per user cloud storage, ad-free email, digital whiteboard
- Business Plus ($18/user per month): 5TB per user cloud storage, auto accept invitations, site website builder.
- Enterprise: Contact Google Sheets for details.
Capterra - 4.7/5
Smartsheet is another collaboration tool which can be considered one of the best Airtable alternatives! This task management app has features that allow you to easily communicate with your team members, manage projects and share files. In addition, Smartsheet has a similar interface to Microsoft Excel, making it an ideal tool for beginners!
- Calendar view and Gantt view
- Alerts and automated actions
- Resource management
- A mobile app is available.
- Advanced security features like two-factor authentication are available.
- Easy to use, like MS Excel.
- The project report system is not easy to comprehend.
- Real-time communication or chat facility is not available.
- Time tracking feature is not available.
- Free version is available
- Pro: $7 Per user/month, billed yearly Max of 10 users, unlimited viewers.
- Business: $25 Per user/month, billed yearly Min 3 users, unlimited editors.
- Enterprise: Contact Smartsheet for details.
- G2 - 4.4/5
- Capterra - 4.5/5
Whether you own a small or large business, ClickUp will be a handy tool for managing your projects. ClickUp is less costly and easier to use compared to other Airtable alternatives. Moreover, this task management app offers plenty of features to manage your tasks and collaborate with your teammates.
- Product planning and road-mapping
- Testing/QA management
- Workflow automation
- A free version is available with many features.
- Custom permission can be granted.
- Android and iOS apps are available.
- No table view in mobile apps
- Can’t export dashboards
- Free version is available
- Unlimited Plan: $5/month per user
- Business Plan: $12/month per user
- Business Plus: $19/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact ClickUp for details.
- G2 - 4.7/5
- Capterra - 4.7/5
Unlike any other Airtable alternatives in the list, Basecamp is focused on minimal design. This best task management software offers many useful features, and it's ideal for remote teams to work on a common project. As you would expect, creating projects, assigning tasks and tracking progress can be done quickly with this task management tool!
- Social collaboration platform
- Resources allocation and forecasting
- Document management
- A calendar tool is available to schedule events and meetings easily.
- You can quickly find your project using the search bar.
- A dedicated inbox is available for notifications.
- Impossible to prioritize tasks.
- The time tracking feature is not available.
- No project tracking feature is available except hill charts.
- Single plan: $11/month per user.
- G2 - 4.1/5
- Capterra - 4.3/5
Like any other Airtable alternative, Wrike is also designed to help you manage projects, collaborate with teammates, track progress, etc. Using Wrike, you can also build custom team workflows and set a timeline for easy monitoring. Of course, Gantt charts and unique dashboard views are also available in this project management tool!
- Unique dashboard with a three-pane view
- Interactive Gantt charts
- Real-time report building feature
- You can integrate Wrike with over 400 SaaS apps using the Wrike Integrate add-on.
- An in-built time tracker is available.
- Several pre-made templates are available to create projects.
- New users may find it difficult to use the software.
- Not many chatting and collaboration features.
- Limited features in the free version.
- Free version is available
- Professional Plan: $9.80/user per month
- Business Plan: $24.80/user per month
- Enterprise: Contact Wrike for details.
- G2 - 4.2/5
- Capterra - 4.3/5
As you can see, Airtable is a proper tool which can be used as spreadsheet software! But if someone asks whether it is the best project management software, the answer is a big "No!"
Airtable's limited features to manage projects and collaborate with teammates have raised the demand for Airtable alternatives!
Luckily, you are provided with a detailed list of the seven best Airtable alternatives from which you can select the right one based on your business needs and budget!
Retable is one of the best project management apps because it's easy to use and offers all the features you need to manage projects efficiently from a single place!
All Countries Database
You don't need to search for information about all the countries in the world, it's all at your fingertips in one list. 🚀
Retable’s Biggest Competitor Is Not Excel, It’s “Habits”
Excel has been the most widely used spreadsheet option sinceIT became a key player in global business.
Analytics that matter.
Plan, engage, and analyse with ease. Transform your social media strategy with an all-in-one platform.