List of 10 Best Spreadsheet Software to Try in 2023 [Features, Pricing, Pros & Cons]
Here is the list of the 10 best spreadsheet software to manage your data. The most popular are Retable, Excel, Google Workspace, Minitab, Grist, Airtable, etc.
Simply put, Spreadsheet software or Spreadsheet application is a type of computer programme that can be used to create and manage spreadsheets, which are then used to analyse tabular data. Spreadsheet software's functionality has led to widespread adoption, notably in the corporate world.
Today, spreadsheets are often used in any field where tabular lists are needed, especially those that require frequent collaboration, as data can be shown in a variety of ways, including text, numbers, and graphics, over numerous interconnected sheets. As one software does not fit all, you can find the best spreadsheet software specific to your needs. Here is a helpful list of the 10 best spreadsheet softwares that you can use for your accounting and business. Let’s start.
10 Spreadsheet Software to Streamline Your Data Management
Here is an overview of the 10 best spreadsheet softwares:
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Sheets
- Apple Numbers
- Zoho Sheet
- Minitab Statistical Software
Let's examine each of the spreadsheets in detail.
Retable can be said as the best overall owing to its easy-to-use system that comes with sophisticated features. Databases, CRMs, or any form of data can be used and collected inside the app without barriers. Retable even allows importing Google, Microsoft or other sheets directly when needed.
Furthermore, Retable is more like Apple Numbers, but its accessibility to OS users gives it the upper hand. Therefore, it is the best spreadsheet software you can get today.
- Simple GUI
- Allows import-export and integration
- One can customise and model data as they want with top features
- Best for all types of users – beginners, data scientists, accountants, information managers, and so on
- The sheet can be formatted as per your needs within a few clicks
- User-friendly GUI making it more appropriate if you manage data actively
- Lets you build small and no-code applications through your data
- In addition to spreadsheets, it offers kanban boards, calendar views, chart views, and online forms.
- Allows easy collaboration.
- Data filtering, sorting, grouping and calculation can be done without the need for formulas.
- Allows real-time data management, no waiting or saving required.
- It offers branding customization options for businesses.
- Accessible from mobile devices but no mobile application
- Basic: $3 for month/1 user
- Pro: $10 for month/1 user
- Unlimited: Get a quote
2) Microsoft Excel
Excel is a Microsoft business tool and among the most famous free spreadsheet softwares. With Microsoft Excel, you can create and edit spreadsheets and perform various calculations. It is included and works with the other Microsoft Office and Office 365 suites. The premium version of this spreadsheet application can be used on Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
- An excellent option to collect and analyse business data;
- Enables data entry and storage;
- Compatible with almost all apps of Microsoft's enormous stack
- performance reporting;
- Filtering, sorting, and calculating data is accessible with the many functions and formulas available.
- Excel’s spreadsheet can be accessed through any of its office apps, making it more convenient
- Cell precise resizing of images is required.
- Complex features and user interface.
3) Google Sheets
In the same vein as Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets is another spreadsheet programme that can be used to store and organise a variety of data. The main benefit is Google Sheets are web-based and can be accessed from any browser without any apps. This gives the upper hand to Google over Microsoft. When compared, Google Sheets makes it simple to create and modify spreadsheets of varying complexity.
- Compatible with Google’s entire suite
- It can be accessed without any apps – simply from a browser
- Can be used for free and customised as per needs
- Entire data is stored in clouds to save device storage
- Best for any business as Google is one of the major search engines due to which Google sheets can be accessed anywhere across it.
- Allow you to enter endless data inside on sheet
- Any data entered is saved within a minute automatically – without any hassles
- It can be tough to determine anonymous editors as Google locks the identity of editors at instances.
- Google sheets are not secure as they can be shared with anyone by your dishonest employee simply
- Free for personal users
- $12/user/month for businesses
4) Apple Numbers
Apple Numbers is an iOS-based spreadsheet programme. Instead of a never-ending grid, Numbers presents you with a clean slate on which to structure your data in whatever way you see fit. All contributors using iOS, iPad, or macOS have access to the same robust functionality when modifying the spreadsheet in Apple Numbers.
- Accessible to any software of Apple's sophisticated stack.
- Merge text with spreadsheets, databases, pictures, and movies in a snap.
- One can customise background colour, gradation, and visuals to give it personalised layouts.
- An excellent alternative to Excel and Google sheet for iOS users as it can be accessed with iOS softwares as well
- Apple charges zero set-up fee to iOS users
- Offers additional customisations than standard spreadsheet softwares
- Data modelling can be complex if you are new
- It can be tough to share data with OS users as software is free for only iOS users
- It has no free-trial or freemium version
- Free for iOS users
5) Zoho Sheet
Zoho Sheet is an online spreadsheet programme that allows you to organise data, share summaries with your group, and conduct data analysis from any location. The best part is Zoho sheets offers more than 350 functions to its users to use, edit, model or format data as they like. Users of Zoho Sheet are also not restricted to desktops, as the service offers native apps for both iOS and Android.
- Allows live collaboration and cloud storage functionalities
- Among the best free spreadsheet applications as per features
- It can be accessed from any device – laptop, mobile or tablet or even any iOS device
- Zoho books are the best alternative for Excel when it comes to managing big data-sets
- Complex data operations can be executed with simple steps
- Errors can be reduced as Zoho also helps in reducing manual data inputs
- Limited features for design and customisation
- It may take some time to learn to work in this app
- Pricey premium versions
Grist is an online spreadsheet and data administration program. The software can convert boring tables into eye-catching data cards and charts and even let users design their widgets. All data and spreadsheets can be viewed on one easy-to-read dashboard.
- Allows users to use Python formulas
- Offers customizability
- Excellent for dashboard
- Easy-to-use interface, beginner-friendly
- The app allows integration from Spreadsheets and Airtable
- Hybrid database app
- Open-source software
- Limited starter templates
- Not beginner-friendly, but one needs technical expertise to use it.
- Pro Plan starts from $8.00 / User/per month
- The enterprise plan is charged as per the needs
Sheetgo is a web software and a G Suite add-on that enables users to combine and share spreadsheets, automate routine tasks, and communicate data in a collaborative environment. The software works with many different types of spreadsheet programmes, including OpenOffice Calc, Google Sheets, cloud-based CSV files, and Microsoft Excel.
- You don't need to open the spreadsheet to see the latest changes to the interconnected cells.
- When data is refreshed, Sheetgo makes many synchronisation attempts, and if there is an error, users are notified through email.
- Sheetgo employs peer-to-peer links for data transfer, assuring that no duplicates of spreadsheet information are stored.
- Features some unique features for freelancers, and enterprises.
- Extensive customer support
- A good amount of resources to learn using software is available on the platform
- Modelling data on the app can be problematic
- It can be accessed from the web only. No android or iOS app
- Individual Plan costs $20 / month
- The professional plan costs $58 / per month
- A business plan costs $199 / per month
- The enterprise plan costs $499 / per month
8) Minitab Statistical Software
Minitab is statistical and data analytics software that helps businesses of all sizes make predictions, visualise data, identify trends, and see connections between variables. Users can organise data interpretation and processing activities. Furthermore, users can also share their findings with colleagues and clients with the help of the platform's integrated assistant, which makes collaboration easier.
- Offers advanced statistical features
- One of the best free spreadsheet softwares for data analysts
- An excellent option for freelancers and small-scale enterprises
- Offers free version and freemium models
- Complex data can be calculated easily and carrying complex data calculations is easy as well
- Not a beginner-friendly option and expensive
- Using sophisticated functions requires some expertise
- Premium plans start from USD 1610.00 to USD 2010.00
GRID enables the transformation of spreadsheets into web dashboards, displays, and interactive web pages that may be readily shared online. If you use a cloud service or want to upload a spreadsheet from your computer, GRID can accommodate both scenarios and make your workflow a breeze.
- The best features allow users to personalise and model data in whatever way they see fit
- Easy-to-understand user interface
- Enables seamless integration
- Allows accessible communication and collaboration
- Easily handle larger, more complicated situations
- Access your data directly at the website dashboard, notion database, Airtable and so forth.
- It can take time to learn the software and get going with this
- Low user-friendliness for total beginners
- Professional plan costs $29 per month billed annually, tax not included
In a nutshell, Airtable is a hybrid system that combines a spreadsheet and a database, allowing users to transform their data into robust apps with little to no coding knowledge required. Compared to other database and spreadsheet programmes, Airtable stands out for its intuitive interface and cutting-edge features.
For instance, If a marketing team collects information about their target audience, it can utilise that information to build a simple lead generation management system easily.
- Can be customised easily as per needs
- One can edit the permission levels for each specific user, making collaboration secure
- Allows integrations and plug-ins and comes with countless in-built templates
- Data can be used to create any new app through the same platform itself
- Offers normal kanban boards, in-built templates, and productivity planners in addition to spreadsheets
- Allows easy collaboration
- There is a lack of user-friendliness in the formulas compared to other programmes like Microsoft Excel.
- Airtable may not be sufficient if you regularly deal with complex tasks.
- The annual cost of the 5-user pack comes down to $6 per user each month.
- For the comprehensive Pro plan, it's $20 per user each month (paid annually) (for more than five users).
- The Airtable Pro plan costs $24/user/month, while annual payment reduces this to $20/user/month.
Accounting and data management will be a snap with these top 10 powerful spreadsheet applications. If you try a few different ones, you'll eventually find one that works well within your budget and fulfils your needs. Among them, Retable stood out as a tool that can assist users of all skill levels.
Retable is more than just another online spreadsheet software because of its emphasis on calculation and collaborative features.
How to Create the Perfect Employee Onboarding Process
The best way to get employees off to a great start and increase their retention is with a well-thought-out onboarding process.
Best Airtable Alternative: Retable Online Spreadsheet Solution
If you’ve been looking for an alternative to Airtable – one that allows you to track, organise, analyse and collaborate, and is absolutely free, then Retable is the solution for you.
Analytics that matter.
Plan, engage, and analyse with ease. Transform your social media strategy with an all-in-one platform.