It's becoming increasingly common for software to offer a dark mode, which many believe is better for the eyes, especially during working hours. Dark mode changes the colour palette, so the interface is dark, making it easier to read in high-contrast conditions.
When it comes to the spreadsheet, dark mode is good for the eyes and for interpreting data better. Unfortunately, only some online spreadsheets like Retable offer a new dark mode.
So let's understand the concept behind Excel dark mode.
Dark Mode: What Is It And Why Do We Need It?
As the name suggests, dark mode is an opaque colour system for the UI of websites and apps. Usually, you might have seen tools like Excel using dark-coloured text on a white background, just like handwritten text on white paper. This colour scheme is called light mode, the default setting in most apps and websites. However, the dark mode in Excel is just the opposite, where you would see white-coloured text on a dark background.
Today many apps let you choose between light and dark modes. You can choose between these colour schemes based on many factors like the lighting of the environment, time of the day, purpose of your work, etc. However, people prefer dark mode for health issues, battery consumption, etc.
In the following section, you will learn the top benefits of dark mode in Excel.
Benefits Of Dark Mode
- Reduces Eye Strain: It is the most critical benefit of Excel dark mode. As you already know, light mode emits a large quantity of brightness through the device screen, which causes eye strain. So staring at the screen for a long time can fatigue your eyes and cause headaches. If you turn on dark mode, the brightness coming from the screen is lower, which causes less strain to your eyes.
- Saves Battery Life: Is your device's battery percentage draining quickly while using the spreadsheet for a few hours? Turn on dark mode! Since the dark mode in Excel uses less illumination on the screen, the battery consumption is less compared to the light mode.
- Do not Interrupt Sleep: Are you struggling to sleep after spending hours on a spreadsheet during the day? Then, again, Excel dark mode is the solution! If you don't know already, the blue light emitted from white screens disrupts the secretion of melatonin, a hormone much needed for Sleep. However, since the blue light emitted by Excel dark mode is comparatively less, it will not interrupt your Sleep.
- Better Contrast With Colours: Some colours look even more impressive when contrasted with a darker background. For example, you might have to use different colours to highlight particular cells while using a spreadsheet. Light colours on a light background need a more significant effort to be read by the user than on a darker background. So dark mode in Excel helps users to interpret data more quickly.
Does Excel Have A Dark Mode?
The answer is no! Even though Excel has a dark theme, it doesn't have a proper dark mode. You can enable the dark theme in Excel in many ways. The most popular method is to change the Office Theme to Black or Dark Grey.
But, the cells will still be coloured white even after enabling a dark theme. So you might have to choose a dark-coloured background in Excel manually. That's not all; you must also change the font colour to white or any other light colour for the entire sheet.
It is seriously a lengthy process. That's why Retable has introduced an in-built "Dark Mode" feature.
Retable Dark Mode Feature
Spreadsheets are one of the most valuable inventions for business owners. It helps them manage data most efficiently and saves tons of paper.
Retable, a simple online database, makes the process even more accessible with its project management features, tables, different views, workspaces and more. As a result, most companies have already started using this powerful database management solution.
Now, Retable has introduced an in-built dark mode which you can enable with a single click. Unlike Excel sheets, you don't have to waste time choosing a darker background or changing font colours. The dark mode in Retable helps you interpret data easily and allows you to work freely without straining your eyes!
As you know, Excel sheets are an inevitable part of every business. Excel sheets help simplify many business operations, such as database management, task management, performance reporting, etc. Therefore, a dark mode is necessary to keep your eyes healthy and save battery power.
Retable's new dark mode feature lets you interpret data better and work with the slightest pressure on your eyes. Moreover, you can enable dark mode with a single click!
1) What is the dark mode?
The dark mode is a colour system for the UI of websites and apps where you can see white-coloured text in a dark context.
2) What are the significant benefits of dark mode in Excel?
- It reduces strain on your eyes.
- Helps you distinguish colours and interpret data more quickly.
- It does not hinder your Sleep
- It consumes less battery power
3) How to turn on dark mode in Excel?
Excel doesn't have a proper dark mode; it only has a dark theme. You must change the Office theme to Black or Dark Grey to enable it. Then you have to change the background colour and font colour. Retable lets you enable dark mode with a single click without wasting time.
4) How does dark mode help you save battery?
Unlike light mode, the dark mode emits less brightness from the device screen. Since it requires only less illumination, it consumes less battery power.
10 Tips for Creating a Content Calendar
Looking to create a content calendar that helps you and your team stay on track and produce great content? Look no further! In this article, we offer 10 practical and actionable tips that will help you define your goals, choose content types, set deadlines, track progress, and much more. So, if you're ready to take your content game to the next level, read on and start creating a content calendar that works for you!
Visualize and Optimize Your Processes with Kanban Boards: A Complete Kanban Guide
Do you need to know more about the Kanban boards? Here is an overall Kanban guide for those who are considering using a Kanban board for their management processes.
Create your smart data management solution
Plan, track, and analyse with your ease. Transform your data with an all-in-one platform, collaborate with your teammates.Try for Free